I ❤️ Parks and Rec

I don't watch tv often, because it is an excellent productivity killer. But when I do, it's typically because my brain is fried and needs a reprieve. Or because I've had a crappy day and need a dose of good story telling with a happy outlook. 

My favorite show is Parks and Rec. I don't remember how we got started on this show--I think it followed The Office and Community, two other great ones, so maybe that's how. But anyway, it's so strange how much I am Leslie Knope! 

I don't really want to draw the parallels. Those who know me can easily see them. But I will speak about one of the episodes we watched last night (maybe spoiler alert--especially if you're like me and don't watch TV for weeks then play catch up all at once...). Leslie lost the recall election. She puts up with shitty people all the time. She stands up for what's right even when it's unpopular or not in her favor. And the episode I watched last night (not sure of its air date), despite having the freedom to write it however they want, had her lose the election. But Leslie still manages to give an amazing concession speech about how she's going to make her last 30 days count. 

I love that. I needed that. Because life has felt like a huge loss lately. I want to bounce back just as strong as Leslie's character did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment