What's new?

Crock Pot!  New discovery and I'm loving it!  I've only made two things so far--half of a cake mix, and the other half of a cake mix with added ingredients!  Last night, we made one (we will say in honor of Mark's mom's birthday, though she will not get to reap any of the tasteful rewards!) with chocolate chips, which sank to the bottom and then became my frosting!  I put some sprinkles on top and called it intentional!

Cake 1: we didn't have any frosting, but it still tastes great with ice cream or just by itself!

Cake 2: Melted chocolate chips=WAY better than frosting!  Happy birthday, Janis!
Someone's used crock pot = our new dinner maker that hasn't made any dinners yet, but it makes a great spoon rest while it's baking a cake!

What else is new??  Well, most people partake in Black Friday or Cyber Monday, or "crowds have died down, hopefully it's safe to venture out" rest of the week.  We had something close!  The end of term sale which is mostly put on for those leaving the island is like a big garage sale!  Some people want far too much money for things, others just want it gone!  Mark and I were holding off to get some things until the end of the term where we knew they'd be better gentle used than paying way too much buying them from a store here!  Here are some of our Goodbye Tuesday sale finds!  



2 dresses for $5, bottle of sunscreen (always need that) for $5 ec, Hair dryer for $20, Pyrex pan with lid for $10, goggles and almost empty bottle of nail polish remover for free; Ultimate Frisbee for free; 1000 piece cat puzzle for $10 (ALL prices in ec; EC is approx 2.67*US, so for estimating purposes, multiply ec times 2 and divide by 5.  Ex. $10ec * 2 / 5 = $4USD)

The basket, which had 3 staplers, several highlighters, a nice pen cup, a new pair of scissors (my main motivation), an a few other things, plus the basket, was $5.  I have already donated two of the staplers to the library.  Who needs three staplers??
An end table on wheels from the Vet sale!  After I bought this for $10, several people asked me if I was selling it...
We already had four of these drawers that I bought at the beginning of the term because Mark needed something to make his closet more usable.  Well, I was left with one and stole one from Mark's closet because I needed my desk to be more usable!  We found an additional drawer at the sale for $20ec and the girl said that she was willing to give us the other two in her dorm closer her departure day!  For now, I kept the new one and the one I stole from Mark's closet!  But soon we should have enough that we are just super organized!  
 Other new things that were bought before the sale when things were going cheap on the Post (students' craigslist):
The printer above was $120ec (included 2 $20us cartridges and most of a ream of paper)
NuWave oven for $200ec with a carrying case and all the little accessories!
A 2000va transformer (which we think means 1200w and won't support our 1500w nuwave, so we haven't used it yet; and we already resold the transformer since we have committed to buying a 2000W transformer on the 9th)
The mini crock pot for $20ec (less than $8us)
A couple of locks for storing our stuff in our room over break
A new medium sized pot with lid for $15 (Mark haggled that at the sale for me!)
A poker set (so that we can play during game days next term!)
A portable beach/pool raft that easily inflates and deflates so I can take it on the bus!
10 packs of notecards and 5 packs of post-its
A yoga mat (for $35ec, some were going for 100, but now I've seen a couple for 20...oh well)
I have also committed to buying: another printer that isn't as good of a deal that I will have to resale at the beginning of next term, a toaster (we are excited for this!) with a Grenadian plug (no transformer necessary!), and a toaster oven, which we won't need with out NuWave and will also need to be resold, a comforter for $25, the transformer mentioned above as well as another one (so we can resale our smaller watt ones at the beginning of next term to people like us that needed them!).

I'm relatively happy with my purchases and the good deals I've found.  I'm really excited to be packing it all up soon to come home though!  And then I'll get to enjoy it as if it's all new at the start of next term!

What else is new?!  We found out that we are for sure staying in our same room next term!  I think this is exciting because we don't have to move all of our stuff into questionable storage facilities, and we don't have to show up at the airport not-knowing!  We keep our balcony, convenience, and....our new dryer!  Yes, they finally gave us a new dryer!  We haven't tried it yet, but the last few weeks have been so awful (it sounded like there were screaming puppies in the dryer and you could definitely hear it through our room and half of campus; then some weeks it just wouldn't start and we had to carry our wet laundry to other buildings until we found an open and working dryer).  Well, that's enough of the Price is Right!



We will be home on the 17th!  We are both getting excited!  I have arranged for us to rent a car from somebody who isn't on the island during our last week on the island!  Soon I will be adding to our list of new stuff a Grenadian Driver's License!  Oh Joy!