Welcome to Grenada!

Today was Mark's first day of school. In actuality, it was his intro to all his classes, and his real class schedule starts tomorrow. But today was monumental none-the-less. Mark's received his white coat today, took some oath, and heard some inspiring speeches.



Bagel from NY Bagels where I met with the SO Board.
That is bright pink stuff is strawberry cream cheese!


I, on the other hand, had a meeting with the SO board to go over basic duties. As one of the two social chairs, I have a lot of fun times ahead. I already can't wait to put the cranium game to good use at a social game night! I also ventured to IGA for my second time while I was out and about. Prices seemed a whole lot cheaper today than before! I wonder if they mark up on SGU orientation tour days.... Anyway, now we have milk and a few more things. I need to make a comprehensive shopping list and hit up the food fare. I hear that's where you get some really good bargain prices! And I think someone will be selling eggs on campus tomorrow (it's like lazy grocery shopping)! I think I'm going to get adventurous in my cooking for Mark tomorrow. I bought some turkey bacon (healthier and cheaper) that I could try to make for breakfast tomorrow morning, however, I only have butter as a cooking oil, so we will see. I'm just stoked to get to eat cereal!!




Random "exciting" event of the day: brought a half inch barrel curling iron that I found in my room back home with us to Grenada. I love the small curls! Unfortunately, this curling iron just burnt my hair. It was so weird, just black, grimy, gooey burnt hair on the barrel. I had to cut some of my hair off that had the burnt residue...and it stunk up Mark's study area! :-/ Oh well, I will be tossing that! Anyone have a mini curling iron they want to ship to Grenada??





My hair is ready for the white coat ceremony!
"Quick Mark, take a picture before I lose all my curls!"




I'm ready for the White Coat ceremony!




Mark getting his white coat!




Mark, all ready to go be a doctor and stuff...once he gets past this med school stuff.




So proud of what he's done so far and so worried and sympathetic as to what he's committed to do for the next 2-7 years!


Since we've been on the island for nearly a week and I just started my blog today, I will definitely have to catch up. My main purpose of this blog is to record the day-to-day (not necessarily daily...) situations I encounter. This will serve as recorded memories to reference on days later in life when I might take a Wal-Mart, elevator, or fast food for granted.