Crafty Afternoon

For those of you who know me, you thought "how is it possible that Myra can survive without her craft room in Grenada?"  Yes, the same thought had and has crossed my mind far too many times.  I came with only a 50 pack of crayola colored pencils, pouch of thin and thick markers, and three small canvas boards.

Well, almost three weeks into living in Grenada, I have found crafts to do!  I am trying to improve my drawing skills (with only mechanical pencils and extra printer paper that the printer spits out--it's stealing if you take any from the tray).  There is a store in the Spiceland Mall that sells pens, pencils, sketch pads, paint, etc.  It's my new favorite place and I only discovered it yesterday!!

Here's what I've done recently to release my creativity thus far!

Printed color sheets to color!

Took the "how to draw a head" tutorial  at the art academy I'm going to get my masters in

Painted sea shells

Sew up the hole in my travel pillow (with my travel sewing kit!)

And turned a t-shirt into a sleeveless top! (stole this idea from another SO who has a craft blog!)





Yay for distractions!