My parents are coming, my parents are coming!

And they're bringing brownies!

We have a busy weekend planned with all the Family Weekend activities hosted by SGU.
They should arrive around 8:10pm tonight, hopefully through customs, baggage and the other customs by 9pm.  Then we'll take a taxi to their hotel, the Grenada Grand Beach Hotel.  I'm taking them some snacks and breakfast for the morning (they could have had breakfast every morning at $40usd extra/night hotel rate!).

Tomorrow, Thursday, we will relax at their hotel while Mark is in classes.  Maybe I'll even make lunch or dinner at the dorm so they can see what a normal-ish day is like!

Friday, we'll pick up our registration information and tickets.  Do some more relaxing.  And then head to Fish Friday in Gouyave (pronounced like Guava minus the last "a").  Here we can get fish prepared many different ways from local vendors while listening to the live music.  Mark and I went a few weeks back after his midterms and I had forgotten to put my memory card back in my camera, so we didn't get any pictures!  Redemption!

Saturday, there is a brunch with the administration with great "mingling opportunities."  Aka: free food.  We'll be there.  That afternoon, we are taking a bus tour around the island.  There are a few places Mark and I have been, as well as some just I have been, and places that are even new to me!  If this is anything like the island tour we just did with the SOs, it will be longer than the three and a half hours it's slated for...  I hope to take them out to dinner after--we don't do that much here, but they are on vacation, so we'll take advantage of that!

Sunday from 9:30am-3:30pm is a catamaran cruise to somewhere (I'm guessing).  I'm really excited about this trip because it'll be a different view of the island for me and just a fun, relaxing way to enjoy our company!  Not to mention lunch and drinks are included!  Sunday night, soon after arriving back from our boat trip, there is a cultural BBQ at the University Club (where we get to have our pool days twice a week and where guest faculty get to stay in style!) with live music on the beach.

Monday, the three of us depart and leave Mark with his school stuff, after what was hopefully a relaxing and much-needed break!  My itinerary for DC is almost non-existent, other than arrive and leave, so I'm very excited to have a lot planned for this week and then not a lot planned for next week (but I'm sure I'll stay busy none-the-less)!

What a whirlwind the next week and a half will be! And did I mention I return on Friday (hopefully! flying standby is a little scary!) where TCU is playing BYU in the Cowboy stadium--really hoping to catch the last half!  Saturday morning is a kickball tournament, Saturday afternoon is the SO midterm social on the beach with watersports, Saturday night is the SO halloween party.  And then Monday is a Fall Festival where all the SO's families can take their kids trick-or-treating to the faculty members; we'll have games and a cake walk, too!  So scratch what I said about a busy week and a half and make that a busy rest of October!

And since a post without a picture is just boring, here are a few pictures!
Mark's Post-it Calendar/School schedule from now through mid terms!  The missing post-its are days without classes!


Sandblast!  They encourage drinking...they give your a cup and a lanyard, and the alcohol  is free.  The food, however, costs extra.  Not smart!  

Mark and I riding the "inner tube" behind the boat.   Another think provided for free at Sandblast!  We were wildly sore after this adventure!