New Table

We finally got a table!  I had seen a couple other married housing rooms with a small round table (like what we were expecting to see in our room when we arrived based on some pictures).  Well, we didn't have any such thing and were getting by without it.  But when you cook on 1.5 sq ft of counter space, (including the stove), you have to use other surfaces, like the desks and top of the trashcan and sink to make meals.  Last week, we put in a request for a table and a shelf for my desk (found out we were missing that too).  They came by on Monday to "see" our missing furniture.  And today, they brought me not 1, but 2 tables!!  At 9:00, someone brought this perfect sized dinning table (slightly bigger than the round tables everyone else has!).  At 10:00, someone else knocked on our door carrying a really large round table, that just wouldn't fit with our new one.  They asked me which I preferred, and I chose the small one so we could still navigate our tiny dorm apartment.  Mark says I should have taken both and put one on the patio--that would have be awesome but I doubt they would have allowed it.  Anyway, we are so excited because now we can stop working on school work to eat without having to push everything aside, eat at a desk, clean up our mess I made on the desk, and reposition our school work to focus again.  Or, as it sometimes happens, set my cheese on Mark's desk, while the veggies and other sides are on my desk so that I can finish cooking the main dish and chopping the ingredients on the "counter space".

Well, we ate at our table tonight and it is so nice to sit together, facing each other, and not think about the school work that we left behind at our desks!  Who knew a dinning room table would bring such sanity to our lives!